Thursday, March 3, 2011

Why a Ban on Assault Weapons is Stupid

Following the Tuscon massacre, leftists made a number of bad suggestions regarding gun control.  Among these is a proposal to ban assault weapons.  I can prove that this proposal is stupid using two photos.

Take a look at this firearm:








It is a Ruger 10/22, the quintessential youth rifle.  Perfect for plinking and small game hunting, it is one of the most popular rifles in the United States.  I am a proud owner of a 10/22, and though there are plenty of more powerful guns out there, this little rimfire is my favorite.

Now look at this gun:

















Oh my gosh it's so scary!! Ban it! Ban it!  Oh.  Wait.  It's a 10/22.  A few cosmetic changes turn an innocent sporting rifle into an "evil" assault weapon.  In nontechnical terms, an assault weapon is a semi-automatic rifle that looks scary.  That's it.  Liberals' irrational fear of pistol grips and collapsible stocks is all the justification they need to ban these guns.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful rifle. For some reason the 2nd picture has a broken link. So, I can't see it. But if I could & you put a picture of a liberal next to it, I'd vote for the liberal being the scarier of the 2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bro the second pic isnt there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's weird. I could see it. I think I fixed it. Can you see the pic now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, still say the liberal is scarier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That gun looks harmless compared to a liberal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa: That reminds me of a P.J. O'Rourke piece on on gun control. He wrote that votes are far more dangerous than guns and that voting must be highly controlled and that assault votes should be banned.

    ReplyDelete