Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Correction of Terminology

Introverts are often accused of being "anti-social."  This characterization is based on an incorrect use of the term.  At least, I hope that those who call me anti-social are unintentionally employing the wrong terminology.  I say this because those who are truly anti-social like to murder people and bury their chopped up bodies in the woods.  Those who dislike being around a lot of people and require periods of solitude are merely "un-social."

5 comments:

  1. I'll admit I don't know you all that well, but from what I see I wouldn't call you introverted.
    As for anti-social, aren't those the type you will probably be defending some day.
    If you were anti-social, you wouldn't be burying the bodies in the woods, you would be feeding them to the gators. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Introvert doesn't mean shy or bashful, although many introverts may be those things. All it means is we tend to get exhausted after socializing. We need time to rest and recharge our batteries. Extroverts, on the other hand, are energized by socializing and could do it all day and all night long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct. Those characteristics I mentioned are more the result of the energy issue to which you refer.

      Delete